Do-It-Yourselfers, let's talk about home, auto and other non-gun related projects!
Post a reply

Kydex press build and fist Holster

Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:39 pm

I decided its time to jump into making my own Kydex stuff. I have this ESEE Junglas which always goes with me in the woods and it has a fantastic sheath. So at some point my brain said to buy a NAA Mini Master in 22lr/WMR, and to bolt it up to the Junglas. The NAA weights almost nothing, is accurate enough for small game at close range, and is just powerfull enough to poke little holes in big angry critters before you have to pull the knife out to create larger holes.

Kydex build:
-Homemade press. Scrap 2x4, 3/4 plywood, and a knee pad from Lowes. Liquid nails for glueing the pads to the wood. Screws for wood on wood. I bent the hinges to fold them over the plywood. The 2x4 are 24" long and help to get alot of force. I bought 0.08" kydex because thats what my sheath is. Chigago screws to bolt it through the already existing rivet holes.

-The only special things I did on the kydex beyond general knowledge, is:
A few safty features:
The NAA is a single action. It also doesnt have a trigger guard. With that in mind I cut little wood spacers to create slightly oversized areas specifically around the trigger, and hammer. But the NAA is pretty cool in that they cut groves between each cylinder for the hammer to rest "safely" on. So I can load it with 5 rds, hammer down in-between cylinders. So mutiple tiers of saftey. I also flaired the opening to quickly re-holster. I also tried to get as much of a grip as possible on the grip, while still protecting the trigger. The location of mounting also lends itself well to very big/course movements for quick draws.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TNThomas on Mon May 01, 2023 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Kydex press build and fist Holster

Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:39 am

“… that’s a knife”

Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:59 am

That's pretty slick, nice work.

I have one of the tiny NAA revolvers that I carry when I'm out prairie-dogging . . . yeah, it's an effective tool for sure.

Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:06 pm

Most excellent work there.

Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:45 pm

I can't help but feel like, when prioritizing size, you may have gotten your gun and knife in the wrong order. :bigsmile:

Very nice work! Pretty cool being able to custom design your own holsters.

Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:50 pm

Pretty cool.

First I’ve ever heard of someone wanting to use a gun to get to their knife…

:wink05:

Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:12 pm

NWGunner wrote:Pretty cool.

First I’ve ever heard of someone wanting to use a gun to get to their knife…

:wink05:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

To be fair that’s the coolest big little gun I can think of. A rare and very interesting combination.

Mon May 01, 2023 8:54 am

Thanks for the input! Yea, its a pretty cool little gun. My only gripe is the front sight is a touch too tall, but that can be fixed. I think its a pretty cool setup! NAA had some special edition gun/holster combo like this, but IMO the blade was too small, and the barrel on thatmodel NAA was too short to be any good. I think they called it the Tucker Combo.

Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:31 pm

Threw a bic on. I usually use the knife for cutting kindling while smoking meat or starting camp fires. I much prefer it over a small hatchet if using the baton method. Made sense to mount a lighter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:15 am

I like it! Did you 3D print the NAA form for the mold, or is it just wrapped in green tape? My guess is green tape.

I love my little NAA, a friend of mine even bought me a bayonet for it for my birthday a while back which seems kind of silly, but I still like it. Makes it a bit harder to carry though even with the little sheath on it.

I keep thinking about getting another one more similar to yours. Mine basically has a barrel that just clears the cylinder and not much more.

Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:53 pm

Thanks! I cut wood shims with a razor to fill a few gaps by the sights/create space by the hammer. Then green tape. They are cool guns! I wish they had sligghtly better sights, but good enough.
Post a reply