Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Strike while the iron is hot Eastern WA and secede 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
danoh wrote:
Liberty. And they won't waste money on the fucking habits of Ocra Whales.

Attachment:
300px-OKRA_the_killer_whale.jpg

Attachment:
Orca_Okra0001a.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

I don't know whether to laugh with you, or be disappointed that not everyone gets the point. Oh well.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
danoh wrote:
Liberty. And they won't waste money on the fucking habits of Ocra Whales.

Attachment:
300px-OKRA_the_killer_whale.jpg

Attachment:
Orca_Okra0001a.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

I don't know whether to laugh with you, or be disappointed that not everyone gets the point. Oh well.

I was surprised that no one else mentioned it or saw it....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:32 pm

leadcounsel wrote:
How about instead of surrendering valuable regions, you just take it back? Maybe try voting? Sure would be a LOT easier than all these other proposals to split states, redistrict, and so forth.

Plenty of non-voters who could easily turn the tide considering most of the important elections and initiatives are lost by a small percent or a few hundred thousand votes or less.

4.5+ million registered voters. Probably several hundred thousand who aren't registered but could.
~75% turnout. That leaves about a million or more who don't vote but who can.

2016: I594 margin was 1.17 million for and 810,000 against. That's ~350,000 votes in a nation of 4.5 million voters. That is nothing, considering about 1/2 or 2 million didn't even bother on that question...

2018: I1639 margin was only 600,000 votes; 1.8 million vs 1.2 million. 1.8+1.2= 3 million votes. 1.5 million didn't vote.

In these elections, where the Dems won, all were very close, maybe a few tens of thousands of votes. Could easily swing all of those if people bothered voting. Even Inslee's and Murray's seats aren't fixed. They each won by less margin than the number of people who didn't bother voting; around 600,000 or so. But over a million didn't even vote...

The point is that all of these, even the larger margin races, are all very winnable if everyone would be intelligent and vote ...

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2014/ ... -elections

One thing that was not taken into account is the mail-in voting and ballot harvesting that is most likely done from Olympia to Everett. Ballot harvesting is legal in Taxifornia. Those who hated what happened to their state, left, came here, and decided that voting for the same party would change things (by definition: insanity) in their new habitat. They also brought along the harvesting practice, assuming (and I doubt it) that it wasn't yet going on.
This is why you have super majorities in Oregon and Washington. Everything is mail in and when the mail's in the unsecure mailbox of the non-voting, but registered inhabitants, they don't look for the ballots and don't report.

Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tako wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
How about instead of surrendering valuable regions, you just take it back? Maybe try voting? Sure would be a LOT easier than all these other proposals to split states, redistrict, and so forth.

Plenty of non-voters who could easily turn the tide considering most of the important elections and initiatives are lost by a small percent or a few hundred thousand votes or less.

4.5+ million registered voters. Probably several hundred thousand who aren't registered but could.
~75% turnout. That leaves about a million or more who don't vote but who can.

2016: I594 margin was 1.17 million for and 810,000 against. That's ~350,000 votes in a nation of 4.5 million voters. That is nothing, considering about 1/2 or 2 million didn't even bother on that question...

2018: I1639 margin was only 600,000 votes; 1.8 million vs 1.2 million. 1.8+1.2= 3 million votes. 1.5 million didn't vote.

In these elections, where the Dems won, all were very close, maybe a few tens of thousands of votes. Could easily swing all of those if people bothered voting. Even Inslee's and Murray's seats aren't fixed. They each won by less margin than the number of people who didn't bother voting; around 600,000 or so. But over a million didn't even vote...

The point is that all of these, even the larger margin races, are all very winnable if everyone would be intelligent and vote ...

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2014/ ... -elections

One thing that was not taken into account is the mail-in voting and ballot harvesting that is most likely done from Olympia to Everett. Ballot harvesting is legal in Taxifornia. Those who hated what happened to their state, left, came here, and decided that voting for the same party would change things (by definition: insanity) in their new habitat. They also brought along the harvesting practice, assuming (and I doubt it) that it wasn't yet going on.
This is why you have super majorities in Oregon and Washington. Everything is mail in and when the mail's in the unsecure mailbox of the non-voting, but registered inhabitants, they don't look for the ballots and don't report.

It is my my understanding that currently in Washington, election results are not posted until after the polls close at 8PM? Ballot harvesting is thus not possible. Ballot stuffing is another matter.

In Califucknia, Ballot results are posted throughout the day. Therefore activists can see who is losing, and take proactive action. IE, take a filled out ballot to a registered home that has not voted and say........... Here. It's all filled out. All you have to do is sign it, and they will take it to the ballot counters. (But sometimes, I think the signature is forged)

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Around a million eligible voters don't register.

Of those registered, about a million don't vote.

That's two million votes.

It has less to do with the excuse of "all those Californians coming in" and more to do with outright apathy, laziness, and stupidity of those who aren't voting. Capture those 2 million votes and you control the state.

And that is a small task compared to the fantasy of splitting the state in half and/or joining OR and ID which is simply not going to occur.

Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:zombie: thread.

Crook county, OR is the fifteenth state to pass an advisory vote to secede from OR.

https://ballotpedia.org/Daily_Brew:_Apr ... 1406F88232

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Washdagon

Wed May 01, 2024 8:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NO WAY IN HELL I WANT SPOKANE JOINING IDAHO!

Wed May 01, 2024 9:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3